Monday, October 3, 2011

October Song/Layouts

Hi beautiful people....

Sorry for the delay in posting layouts, think this long weekend and daylights savings thing has thrown as out of whack, just a little..

So my song choice for this month is Beautiful People by Chris Brown
http://youtu.be/EPn9zesJU6M

....and here's my layout
{Beauiful People}
The beautiful Mary and Annette...two very beautiful people who have come into my life through scrapbooking...so very lucky to live in the same city as them.

Well all you other beautiful people hope your weekend has been productive mine has been way busy, but won't bore you here you'll have to pop over to my blog...and I'll bore you there....
Happy Scrapping......Kim x



Hi Lovely People Mary here Now. the song I have chosen for this month is U2's Kite. U2 would have to be one of my fave bands (not to mention I think Bono is kinda sexy) I have been lucky enough to see them live a couple of times :) Anyhoo the reason I chose Kite is because when my second child went and lived overseas for a couple of years, when he first left everytime I heard this song I would become teary, as the song is all about learning to let go. So for me it was about letting go of my child, to realize he was no longer a child and needed to go out in the world and make his own life, memories, dreams and future.

Thanks for looking and cant wait to see what you all come up with

Cheers
Mary

Ok it's my (Annette's) turn. I chose the song "You got to have friends" by Bette Midler as I felt that it was just perfect for these pics of Mary and Kim, my two gorgeous CT Members and dearest friends. I had never really listened to the lyrics before, just sung along to the chorus, so it was a bit of an eyeopener to read them, it can make for lots of intrepretation.

So here is my layout.


And the words to the song;

And I am all alone
There is no one here beside me
And my problems have all gone
There is no one to deride me

But you got to have friends
The feeling's oh so strong
You go to have friends
To make that day last long
I had some friends but their gone
Someone came and took them away
And from the dusk till the dawn
Here is where I'll stay

Standing at the end of the road, boys
Waiting for my new friends to come
I don't care if I'm hungry or bored
I'm gonna get me some of them

Cause you got to have friends
La la la la la la la la la
Friends, I said you,
Oh you, yeah you, I said
You got to have some Friends
Something about friends
Just right friends
Friends, friends, friends

I had some friends oh but they're all gone, gone
Someone came and snatched them away
And from the dusk until the very dawn
You know here is where I gotta stay
Here is where I gotta stay
And I'm standing at the end of a real long road
And I'm waiting for my new friends to come
I don't care if I'm hungry or freezing cold
I'm gonna get me some of them

Cause you got to have friends
That's right friends
Friends,?.I gotta see my, I gotta see my
I gotta see all of my friends, friends
Friends, friends, friends
Ohhh

Anyhoo thanks for stopping by and please have a go at the challenges, you could be our next winner.
Cheers Annette xo

Hi Everyone

Rebekkah here..

My song was inspired by eurythmics song  Sweet Dreams and is of my daughter Trinity when she was only three months old.

This is one of my favourites to date of her.. and captures her at this age beautifully, lets just say it didnt stay this way.. lol
We hope you enjoy the challenges- we love to bring them to you every month and we would love to see some of your work on here..
Cheers
Rebekkah xx

7 comments:

Dolly B said...

Your layout Kim is...... well very BEAUTIFUL lol, how could it not be with such gorgeous subjects lol. No seriously it is divine, love the layering and all the details, you ROK Miss Kim

Hugs
Mary x

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

I LOVE LOVE this LO Kim & all the gorgeousness in it...I cant wait to meet these 2 beautiful people IRL myself TFS xxx

Kim Ewins said...

Mary your layout is so touching you almost had me in tears... Love every bit of your layout!

Kim Ewins said...

Love your layout Miss Annette...love it all and might I say you have excellent taste...hehehe!!!

Dolly B said...

Gorgeous Miss Annette, love all the embellies, especially love the tuelle flowery things. Oh and who are your subjects????? great taste indeed hehehehe

Hugs
Mary x

Jo said...

I have my photos printed & the song picked, very inspired by all your great pages.

Kim Ewins said...

Bek your layout is so pretty love the sweetness it captures.

Lime Tree Creations

Old Favourites Vintage Supplies

The Chip Chop Shop

Please add your links here for the August Challenge

Please add your link here for the July Challenge

Please add your links here for the June Challenge

Please add your links here for the May Challenge

Please add your links here for the April Challenge

Please add your links here for the March Song Challenge

Please add your links here for the February Challenge

Please add your links here for the January Challenges

Please add your December Challenges here

November Challenges

October Challenges