Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween .....2011 (")

 Happy Halloween to those who take part in this mostly American tradition



.



 For our family it is a very special day.... Happy Birthday Mason!!!
back on this day in 1996 we welcomed our 3rd son, Mason Scott Ewins into the world.
I hear you ask what does music have to do with this????    Well it's a very special story to me and I shall tell you about it...
 In May 1994 I lost my beautiful mother to cancer. During her life she had been quite an avid John Farnham fan...I recall road trips with her singing with much passion...
    Your the Voice was one of her fav's

 Fast forward to 1996.....7 days overdue....doctor tells me at appointment to meet her at hospital the following morning for induction...was a little worried due to many horror stories I had heard about inductions...
 But without a doubt the best labour I would ever have...with my others I had gone at least 12 hours in labour...
  within 3 hours we were almost there. Roy and a wonderful midwife (Teresa) by my side....The local radio station was playing softly, to make everyone feel alittle bit more at ease. Final stage Teresa said to me as the contraction eased a little another good push and baby will be born.
 As he came into the world  Your the Voice  played on the radio...Mum was with me!!!....She gave me a special sign and the other special thing  the 31st October   was also her birthday.
 You know I still miss her very much...how different my life and my children's lives would have been...sigh! But I know she is with me in spirit...(love U Mum)
 So have you ever had something similar happen to you?

 Before I go a little sneaky peek of my layout for tomorrow......



O.K beautiful scrappy pals....until tomorrow

2 comments:

Annette Edmonds said...

What a beautiful post Kim, such a lovely but sad story, thankyou so much for sharing. Hugs and love xo

Dolly B said...

That is a special story and "The Voice" would be a very special song for you forever. As you know I beleive in these things , and when I read your post and I got cold shivers, so yep your Mum was with you for sure

Hugs
Mary x

Lime Tree Creations

Old Favourites Vintage Supplies

The Chip Chop Shop

Please add your links here for the August Challenge

Please add your link here for the July Challenge

Please add your links here for the June Challenge

Please add your links here for the May Challenge

Please add your links here for the April Challenge

Please add your links here for the March Song Challenge

Please add your links here for the February Challenge

Please add your links here for the January Challenges

Please add your December Challenges here

November Challenges

October Challenges